Loves The Find: Statement Wedding Signage

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Statement Wedding Signage

This year has been full of bridal showers, bachelorettes, and weddings! Willie and I have had a total of six weddings to attend (plus a wedding reception for an elopement in St. Thomas). It was an absolute joy to celebrate these amazing couples and wish them a lifetime of happiness.

My friends are also the best wedding decorators on earth! I totally need another wedding from all the ideas I’ve gotten this year. Metallic was huge this year, especially the use of gold accents. Two of my favorite uses were of course from repurposed frames.



 A little history on this first repurposed frame…This was my grandmother’s frame that used to host a huge collage of family photos in her home. When she passed I drove all of her belongings (including this frame) from Florida to Virginia. I removed all the photos for safekeeping  and painted the backboard using chalkboard paint. I had left it the original teal color until the recent bridal shower for Nicole (my other gold bride) where I just used gold spray paint to give it a little facelift and match her color theme. This frame has served so many purposes including my wedding, my baby shower, two bridal showers, and of course Kelly’s wedding.

My friend Kelly created the most perfect wedding out of a southern magazine and I was so honored she used a little piece of me in her decorations. Her cousin is an absolute amazing artist and created this one of a kind sign for the guest seating assignments. Kelly's vision for the entire wedding was absolute PERFECTION. The stunning bride (and handsome groom) really treated their guests to an amazing party too!



The second gold frame was a spectacular find as well! Nicole is the most amazing person with the absolute perfect style, so I knew that her wedding would be nothing less than 100% perfection…and it was. All of the little details Nicole included were flawless and with almost all of them borrowed, secondhand, or handmade, she really delivered detail on a budget.  Nicole bought this frame from another bride that found this at the thrift store for $30!! If you could see this frame in person, it’s giant! So for $30 already chalk painted from another bride’s craftiness, it was a steal!! 


So if you are in the market to glam up your wedding with some metallic signage…scout your local thrift store or yard sales and repurpose a large frame with some spray paint and chalkboard paint…viola beautiful DIY wedding signage!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful post my friend. I also helped my friend in her wedding arrangements. I handled the decoration part and everyone really liked my creativity. You know she had garden wedding at one of the best NY venues.

    ReplyDelete