Loves The Find: Best Cake EVER

Monday, October 12, 2015

Best Cake EVER

This will always be my favorite cake. It represents a huge milestone in our lives. Our daughter is one. We made it, she made, we loved every minute of it. I absolutely cannot believe a year has passed.

I wanted something special and beautiful for her first birthday and cake smashing photo session without spending a fortune, so I knew I was going to have make my own. For being my first cake decorating experience (no I do not count throwing sprinkles on top as decorating), I think it turned out great and this style is very forgiving. Any beginner can do this :)




Of course I also had to show off another GREAT find from the thrift store. This gorgeous cake stand was only $9. This stand is super similar if you can't find a used one. Wasn't it perfect?!!?




Everyone was amazed by the cake and even more amazed that I made it. Look out for step by step instructions to make an ombre rosette cake of your own!

Special thanks to my bestie for some great photos! Thanks Kimberly!

No comments:

Post a Comment