Loves The Find: European Corner

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

European Corner

My love of France and 4 month stay in Lyon inspired me to create a “European Framed Art Collection” in one of my hallways to remind me of the wonderful experiences I had. Most of the frames were found at my local thrift store. The prices ranged from $2.50-$7.50 for the largest. The photos were taken by yours truly while others were found on the internet and just taken to CVS for printing, which cost barely anything. The shelving unit is from Ikea and very easy to install. Have fun creating a personalized art collection.

My two favorite pieces have some extra details below:




This is actually an old Cosmopolitan magazine cover. It was the issue for December. I can’t remember the exact year, but my guess is around 1917-1921. The newsstand price used to be just 25 cents! I found this with my two good friends at the Dulles Expo “Big Flea” last year. It was $17 and the frame was $7.50 from the thrift store. I think it made an exceptional talking point and easy art piece. The lady on the cover just epitomized rich classy European woman to me, haha!









The next piece is a photo that I was lucky enough to take. It was hot July night in Rome, my cousin and I had just finished our sightseeing for the day when we saw this bride and groom walking through the street. I was absolutely captivated of how majestic this couple was. After my initial shook, I quickly shuffled for my camera and was pretty proud of myself of capturing this perfect moment. I got the frame from Leesburg Antique Emporium for $5.25!

No comments:

Post a Comment