Loves The Find: Long Sleeve Printed Dress

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Long Sleeve Printed Dress

Have you ever had a print that just jumps out at you? Well this is sort of what this dress did for me. A couple weeks ago I got to have a WHOLE hour of dedicated thrift shopping without a husband or baby trying to rush me. I got to explore some new labels, some new sections I never hit, and tried to really re-imagine some items. To say the least, it was one of the better ME nights I've had for awhile. I walked away with 2 dresses, 1 blouse, 3 pairs of pants, a silk scarf, 2 designer men's ties, and 3 pairs of pants for $60!! Ummm YEAH!


This dress by ASTR really grabbed me (especially since it had this amazing back detail...I'm a sucker for back details) and when I was able to research more, I found out that is a brand sold at Nordstrom's with a retail price around $65.00 and I found for $6.50.

I decided to wear this to a bridal shower last weekend when the weather was finally gorgeous in Virginia.  I paired it with some fabulous clearance Jessica Simpson booties (similar) I found at DSW for only $30.00 for a more casual look. So I know it's a little bit of a funky look for a bridal shower, but for the bride-to-be I think it fit perfectly for her fun personality. I never wear anything this short, and Kimberly actually had to reassure me a few times (even with a backup outfit in the car) that it wasn't really as short as I thought and to ROCK it. Ekkk...so I did and I was really happy that I pushed myself out of my fashion comfort zone. I did however wear this to work the next day with a cute pair of black leggings and it was just as spectacular :)

Happy Thrift Thursday! 


2 comments: