Loves The Find: How to Wear the Fisherman Sweater

Thursday, December 10, 2015

How to Wear the Fisherman Sweater

Thrift Thursday!!

So first off, this is why I always have Kimberly model...because I can't! But this was the perfect night to showcase my beautiful Oscar de la Renta sweater with the amazing Christmas decorations and lighted streets in Old Town Alexandria.


The Aran sweater, often known as the fisherman sweater, takes its name from the set of islands off the west coast of Ireland where it originated from in the late 1800s. The stitches are said to carry their own unique meaning in the lives of the Island community. Today, the mass versions of the sweater are seen everywhere and I just can't get enough! It's a classic and new wardrobe staple.There's something so cozy and rugged about the loose fit and chunky cable-knit details. Although this is more of a masculine look, it can serve as a nice counterbalance to more feminine garments, like the skinny black jeggings I paired it with. 

I found this amazing Oscar de la Renta sweater for $15.00 at my local thrift store!! I paired it with my favorite pair of black Calvin Klein pants that I have worn at least 100 times which were only $7.00!! I have definitely gotten my money worth!! 





2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's amazing that you get those pieces at such amazing prices! The Christmas lightings are beautiful too, thanks for sharing!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sweater! You look cute ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete