Loves The Find: Flea Market inspired chair

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Flea Market inspired chair

My inspiration from the Lucketts Market was in full effect!

Remember that reupholstered wing chair from my last post? Well…I tried my own version.

Definitely not as professional looking but for $40 in supplies compared to $375, I’ll take it!

I will forewarn you that if you are looking to use this chair on a daily basis and want durability…this method of no sew reupholstering is NOT the way to go. This is more for a statement piece in an office or library that will get infrequent use. After all, it is being held together with hot glue and staples J

I bought the old coffee/feed bags at the Lucketts Market for $5 each. Most local coffee shops should have some for around that same price. I had some leftover fabric from another project (lesson learned- iron fabric before application), but you can choose any fabric you like.

Since I got the chair for free I really didn’t mind experimenting, so I really had fun with it and even tried some braiding and edging on the sides and back.  

Materials you will need:

·         Old chair (preferably free)
·         Heavy duty stapler
·         Staples (longer the better for edging)
·         Hot glue gun with LOTS of glue sticks
·         Scissors
·         Burlap or Coffee bags
·         Fabric of choice

 Have fun creating your beautiful flea market inspired upcycled chair!!





No comments:

Post a Comment