Loves The Find: Bigger than fireworks!

Friday, July 6, 2012

Bigger than fireworks!

I had a little more than fireworks in store for me this fourth of July. Willie proposed!!!!

We went down with friends to OBX for 5 days and Willie wanted to have some alone time to do “love bird things” so we started our time alone with some antique shopping to end our day in an engagement!

My favorite item I found was this “flow blue” vase and bowl. According to the store owner flow blue was a technique that was popular mostly in England from 1880-1900. What started out as an indigo dye bleeding accident became very popular and highly desirable. This set was at a great price for the condition at $245. Maybe for a wedding gift someone special could get this for me…wink, wink ;)

Here is what Wikipedia had to say…
“Flow blue is a style of white earthenware, sometimes porcelain, that originated in the Regency era, sometime in the 1820s, among the Staffordshire potters of England. The name is derived from the blue glaze that blurred or "flowed" during the firing process.”


Here are some other cool finds I saw…










No comments:

Post a Comment